- Intention: You have to consciously want to remember
- Steps: Encoding -> Consolidation -> Retention
- Retrieval is the best way to learn, coz every time you recall the memory, the neural path to the memory gets stronger, making subsequent recall easier
- Exercise, Sleep and Nutrients are also key to strong memory
- Challenging your brain is key to keep it active for long time
- Long Term Porentiation: persistent strengthening of synapses based on recent patterns of activity. These are patterns of synaptic activity that produce a long-lasting increase in signal transmission between two neurons.
- Chronic Stress and Depression are bad for memory formation
- Low levels of seratonin (neuro transmitter connected to arousal) due to depression and isolation affects attentiveness and hence ability to store short term memories