- are atoms held together by photons?
- yes, protons and electrons exchange photons leading to their attraction
- magnetism plays equally fundamental role in star formation as gravity
- magnetism of the center of gas cloud (proto star) reduces the angular momentum of the disc allowing star formation
- in Supernova, when the gassy surface of star explodes, the highly magnetic core is left behind and is called a Magnetar
- In 2004, a starquake on a magnetar 50K ly away caused disruption on earth due to blast of energy from the strong magnetic field of it.